Our thorough admissions process is designed to help you determine if Austin Classical School is a good fit for your family’s needs and educational goals. The steps of our Admissions process include the following:
1. Attend a Parent Information Meeting
Parent Information Sessions will be offered later this fall. To visit our campus, please email our Admissions & Marketing Director, Kim Rama.
2. Read and Pray
For more information about our model, click through our site for details about our classical approach, our collaborative model, and FAQs. Please prayerfully consider your family’s needs and educational goals and whether Austin Classical may help you meet those goals.
The articles below will help you as you proceed through the admissions process. To ensure a mutual understanding of the classical approach to education, both parents should read:
- What is Classical Education, by Christopher Perrin, Amazon (optional)
- Traditional vs. Progressive Education by Martin Cothran (required)
Other recommended resources on classical, Christian education are listed here.
3. Be Aware of Admissions Cycles and Deadlines
|Admissions Deadlines & Cycles|
|Midyear Admissions are open for select grade levels. At this time, Pre-K through 4th grades are full. Please contact Kim Rama for more information.|
* NOTE: Math In Focus testing occurs on campus and is only required for 4th – 9th Grade applicants.
- Testing: Kinder Readiness testing on details will be forthcoming; other grade-specific online testing can be completed at any time prior to Family Q&A.
- Family Interview: Once applications are submitted and testing is completed, families will be invited to schedule a 1 hour time slot with our Admissions team. See section 5 for additional details.
4. Complete an Online Application
Complete an online application for each student applying and pay the application fee. We do accept a limited number of mid-year applications during the school year. For questions, please contact our Director of Admissions, Kim Rama.
The application includes several distinct parts:
Part 1: Student Application, completed by parents
Part 2: For incoming 1st-9th grade students
- Teacher Questionnaire: completed by your child’s current teacher
- School Recommendation: completed by your child’s Principal, Administrator or Guidance Counselor
Part 3: Supplemental writing requirements for 1st – 9th grade students
- $100 for Pre-K applicants
- $140 for K–9th grade applicants (includes the application fee and online testing fee)
A student will not be considered for admission until all parts of the application have been thoroughly completed and received.
Note: Austin Classical keeps an active applicant pool, and applicants are evaluated in the order in which they are received, as space is available. If we do not have any openings in your child’s grade level but believe your student and family are a good fit for our school model, we will keep your child’s application active until the start of our next school year. During that time, we will let you know if any seats become available for your student’s grade. If a seat does not open up before August 1, your child’s application will become inactive. The application can be reactivated once the admissions season begins for the following year, usually around November. Your family would not need to go through the entire admissions process again but would need to contact the Admissions Office and submit updated school records, schedule placement testing, etc. for the new year.
- All Pre-K applicants must turn 4 years old by September 1.
- All Kindergarten applicants must turn 5 years old by September 1.
- As of September 1, Pre-K through 4th grade is at capacity.
5. Complete Testing
All incoming K-9th grade students will need to complete testing as part of the admissions process. Kindergartners will take a readiness test on campus. Students applying for grades 1-3 will complete online testing in math and reading. Students applying for grades 4-9 will complete a cumulative Math in Focus exam and online testing in reading. All testing must be completed prior to the Family Interview.
6. Schedule a Family Interview.
Once your completed application has been reviewed and testing has been completed, you will be contacted to schedule a Family Q&A with the admissions team. This meeting is for the purpose of discussing your family’s educational goals and if our methods and philosophy will further those goals.
7. Admissions Decisions
Admissions decisions will be communicated in writing as soon as possible after the family Q&A. You will also receive an online enrollment invitation, which includes a tuition and enrollment agreement. Online enrollment must be completed, and registration & supply fee paid, within ten days after notice of acceptance. Your student’s spot will be held for ten business days. The first tuition payment is due by June 1.
8. Prepare for School
The preparation process includes purchasing uniforms (PreK-9th), purchasing books, and attending the August co-teacher training (K-10th). Additionally, incoming co-teachers will be matched with an experienced ACS mom through our “Mustang Match” program.
Note: Co-Teacher training in August is mandatory for the primary co-teaching parent (K-9th). One evening session during training is required for both parents.
Austin Classical School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at our school. Austin Classical does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of admission or financial aid.